suwhat: You are what you write on.

You are what you write on.

9:23 PM

I always bring around a size B5 notebook with me all the time. B5 is roughly 6 inches wide and 9 inches long, (you know, the regular school notebooks). I bound it myself a few years ago; with spare pages from old notebooks and a cover made of cardboard and old comic book pages. I guess the notebook-making hobby started from there.

I always take solace in structure. I may not be the best organized person out there but it gives me peace to know that my writing equipment is only an arm's reach away, and that my favorite book is stacked safely next to my pillow, ready to be taken out whenever I needed an escape.

It relates a lot to my writing. Not my technique or manner of writing per se, but how I literally write when inspiration strikes. I love tiers; bullet formats of my words that provide hierarchy. A form of frankness of sorts about my thoughts.

I've always believed how you are what you read your self to sleep. and I'd like to translate that into how you are what you write on as well.

handmade notebooks

Those are mainly why I love spacious ruled notebooks; notebooks with lines, as they provide enough space and a sort of structure for me to build up on. Sometimes printed lines that are too thick distract me, but it's that semblance of order that plays beautifully with my workflow.

Do you write down all your crazy ideas? Or maybe just the day's event's? What type of notebook do you bring around? Do you have a handy notebook at all?  I'd like to know how you get to form your thoughts into actual sentences. Or how you'd like your writing pads to be, maybe I could help you with that.  I'd like to help you with that.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Just an organizer for actual events and meetings. I am very dependent with mobile, ipad and Desktop PC. For notebooks I used as telephone directory. I am writing fiction novels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in high school I love notebooks and when I enter college and up to now I shifted for a planner. But I always have a small notebook inside my bag in case of emergency especially in my work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember purchasing my first planner - it made me feel like finally grown up/mature. also, small notebooks really come in handy especially for capturing those quick thoughts, most especially because it's the most non-judging thing there is..

      Delete
  3. I love writing on notebooks, I use a planner and I use my ipad for journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a lot of notebooks for writing though mostly now I write on my BDJ planner. But if it's an idea and not a to-do list, I still like to write in a notebook,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my notebook with smooth paper and glossy cover, however, way back during high school days, we are required to cover our notebooks according to color per subject. Anyway, do you do bulk order? - KarenT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I remember that on my elementary days too, of having to choose my favorite characters on my notebooks only to end up being covered in art paper.

      yes we do, you can put your specific orders through our order form or emails us through suwhatinfo@gmail.com

      Delete
  6. I am a notebook-type-of-person. Even when I have gadgets, I still depend on my notebook. I dunno, I am more comfortable that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a notebook person. I am more on using planner with chic and classy designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a notebook person. I have a planner. A small notebook. A blogging notebook. And another small notebook for my webdesigns. Hahaha! I tried to ditch the whole notebook idea and stick with my iPad but I just can't. I want to write. I want to hold a pen and not tap. Hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love notebooks, but I don't get to write on them as much anymore. I still collect them though. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a lot of notebooks at home! I guess I'm a collector and they have different designs. Just like an accessory, I match the notebook I bring with what I wear. That's why most of my notes are all over the place! Haha. My best friend used to say... "I always see you writing but you have such a terrible hand writing". Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love collecting planners but Im not really using them. I use my mobile phone to note and schedule my tasks.. it helps specially when it is saved on google calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really interesting read.

    I dabble in writing myself and always find the challenge of an empty page an exciting one. Sadly we spend much more of our time tapping away on keyboards rather than with pen in hand, an unfortunate byproduct of the digital age it would seem.

    Sherita @ Astute Promotions

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Products